[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte - now newbies

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx, lfossland@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 17:50:28 EDT

In a message dated 10/7/2006 4:57:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx writes:
Not  everyone
is persistent enough to continue if they get the  message that  they
are not welcome.  If they get that message  locally, then again
nationally when they attempt to join the PC or lists,  they will see
our breed as a closed group.

You know what?  I've never seen a club, Specialty, All Breed,  Herding,
Obedience turn down a volunteer.  (And I've seen a whole bunch of  clubs). If
someone feels they have to be "made" to feel welcome, I think it's  backwards
thinking.  There's a lot of things harder in dogs than finding  your place;
there
are dogs that will die before they reach old age, bitches that  don't take,
puppies that don't take their first breath.  (And that's in  every breed).
Going
to a show and saying "Hi my name is"....and saying it until  you meet a
friendly face is... IMO...cake.

Speaking of cake, I remember we used to do something like  tail-gating.
(Now, we got away from that because it's hard to get a food  vendor and we were
taking away from his business.)  But you know, there was  once I made
wwwaaaayyyy too much fruit salad (one version was fresh pineapple,  cilantro
and a
little ground black pepper...OK and a bit of white wine.)  I  met EVERYBODY
that
day lol:)

But seriously, if a less than enthusiastic welcome makes someone leave this
sport, IMO they weren't cut out for it anyway.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_