[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte - now newbies

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx>, <vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <Gatlinp@xxxxxxx>, <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <CHBLACKVELVET@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 13:02:54 -0700

Hi Janice and all,
There are some newbies who take the initiative, learn on their own and make
things happen on their own without mentors or support by "local breeders".
One person that comes to mind is Hallie McMullen, who actually started out
training dogs for police work and then slowly but surely became interested
in the conformation part of it. I am sure she would be happy to fill you in
on the details as she is now a member of the GSDCA and is also very active
promoting a Junior handler, Roni Dollar.
Hallie lives outside of Boise, Idaho, has joined the local Kennel club, is
still active in Schutzhund stuff and also shows in the conformation ring. No
local GSD people either. She made things happen on her own without much
outside help. This young lady is indeed an asset to our parent club and also
to our list as she will be the "Auctioneer" at our lister party. Can't miss
her, she's a head taller than the rest of us - besides Dave Rinke!!! LOL
Lee