[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hunte letter, part 3 (and there WILL be a page 4)

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:48:18 -0500

Hunte Brand Products were developed to meet an important need not previously
met. These are:

Puppy Aid- A lactobacillus based product that regulates the intestinal
tract and corrects stress related diarrhea. It is added to the water and
may also
be added to food. It contains lactobacillus (containing a source of live
naturally occurring microorganisms), dextrose, and electrolytes flavored
with coconut and vanilla for palatability.

Totalcide II- A disinfectant that is the most effective (according to
the EPA) and economical disinfectant available today. It is in tablet
form and
mixes using one tablet per gallon of water.

Hunte Foaming Hand Sanitizer- Most brands of hand sanitizers are alcohol
based and will dry and irritate the skin; because of the aloe vera in this
product, it actually makes skin feel smoother and conditioned. As a
sanitation strategy, this product has real benefit for the health of puppies
by limiting the transmission of viral and bacterial infection.

Hunte puppies are healthy. The documented death loss of animals sold by
The Hunte Corporation is seven tenths of one percent. Please compare that to
other sources, and you may draw your own conclusions.

Breeders who supply puppies to The Hunte Corporation follow an extensive
program of requirements determined by our Veterinary team as it relates to
immunization, worming, vaccination and other aspects of animal care.
Puppies are examined by our veterinarians between eight and nine weeks
of age.
Every puppy is subjected to a complete musculoskeletal examination. The
Hunte Corporation's criteria for acceptance must be met. We never accept a
sick puppy. Puppies not accepted are sold to others or placed in homes
by the breeders. When I entered this business 15 years ago we were able to
accept approximately 70% of the animals we examined. Because of
constant, ongoing breeder education, and continuous improvement of the
animal
husbandry and animal care standards practiced in the professional pet
industry, we are now able to accept about 90% of the puppies breeders offer
to sell to us.

Hunte enjoys an excellent working relationship with Pfizer Animal
Health.  On several occasions that company has utilized our facility for
testing.
Royal Canin Dog Food is used exclusively and we recommend this food to
breeders, including Royal Canin's German Shepherd dog food, which is
excellent. Photos of my dog Champion Kaleef's Arno of Greenleaf at nine
months old, are an example.

The Hunte Corporation is a licensed professional pet distributor. We
operate the most advanced puppy distribution facility in the world, designed
and built with the welfare of puppies first and foremost in mind.
Special care is paid to sanitation, temperature control, air quality,
nutrition and
socialization of each puppy. In addition to world class kennel
facilities, our veterinary facilities are without peer in the fancy or
the pet or
veterinary industry. We are regulated by the federal government under
the Animal Welfare Act, and by the State of Missouri. Our compliance
record is
excellent. Federal and state officials recognize The Hunte Corporation
as a national leader in animal care.

Hunte Kennel Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hunte Corporation
operates Professional Breeder Supply Pet Centers in two locations. We
manufacture turnkey kennel buildings for breeders and make available for
purchase almost anything that a breeder would require in their kennel
operation, including kennel building supplies and equipment, vaccines
and wormers, and an array of pet products. We recommend Royal Canin but also
offer Iams, Eukunba, Science Diet, Purina, Pro Pack, Pro Plan, Nutro and
other dog food diets.

The plastics division of Hunte Kennel Systems manufactures puppy display
fixtures, nebulizers and holding compartments for veterinarians, and other
products made out of HD, HM, polyethylene plastic accessorized with
stainless steel doors, floors and plastic trays.

The Hunte Kennel Systems' ventilation design is unique, and provides
tremendous health advantages for our puppies. We have spent many years
developing a germicidal ultraviolet with titanium air purification
system that kills airborne bacteria and viruses; it also virtually
eliminates odor.
Efficiently and economically, we are able to remove stale air and bring
in fresh air while maintaining constant air temperature. We provide these
products and others to veterinarians, Pet Stores and breeders nationwide.

We do not breed or broker puppies. Sometime ago we did own a breeding
facility known as Sunrise Kennels; which was managed by one of our staff
veterinarians. We started that breeding operation in 1994 so that we
could gain first hand knowledge and experience of professionally ran kennel
operations so that we could know how best to assist professional
breeders improve their animal care practices and their operations. In
2001 we exited
the breeding business in order to concentrate on our core puppy
distribution business.

As I mentioned previously, I am personally committed to breeder
education and improvement. That is a major focus of The Hunte
Corporation. In 2006
we held our 7th Annual Breeders Educational Conference in Joplin,
Missouri This has become the largest breeder education conference in the
world, as
far as I can determine. There were over 2,000 breeders registered to
attend the two-day event. Key-note speakers featured renowned
veterinarians and
other industry experts. The 8th Annual Breeders Educational Conference
will be held in Joplin, Missouri on September 28-29, 2007. Of course,
you are
all invited to come to this event, and to see in action my commitment
and that of my company to breeder education and improvement. Professional
commercial breeders, hobby breeders and breeders from the "fancy" attend
this conference to learn things such as: