[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte

  • From: "L. Hartten" <hartten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:12:01 -0600

On 10/6/06 6:14 PM, Gatlinp@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 10/6/2006 2:39:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx writes:
> I also like the idea of going back to needing 2 sponsors  and maybe going
> further.....where those sponsors write at least a short  paragraph about the
> applicant as an introduction.
>
> I also think the sponsors need to be from the applicant's area and have
> knowledge of the person. Peg

  In these days of Internet access, "from the applicant's area" may no
longer be as crucial as it once was.  There are some cases in which we
can have a better idea of someone's attitude towards their dogs based on
what they post to an email list over time than we can be knowing them at
shows.  I can tell sometimes that my experience (as a pet buyer) with
breeders over the last 12 years gives me a different perspective on some
breeders than does the experience of fellow showers!

  The discussions of breed clubs a month or so back got me thinking
about whether I, the owner of pure pets, should join the GSDCA and the
ESAA.  I went looking at the membership requirements and found the ESAA
requirement that Karen just brought up:  2 members to co-sign an
application.  I sent a "how does this work for new folks who just have
pets?" email in to the SETTERS list, which I rejoined this year after a
long absence.  A couple people suggested that if I corresponded
regularly with SETTERS-L folk who were ESAA members, they might be
willing to co-sign.  One person even wrote to say that she'd read enough
of my posts on SETTERS-L that she would be comfortable co-signing for me.

  Just more pennies ...

Cheers,
  Leslie
--