[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: shereemosesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:23:03 EST

I believe Sheree has said everything that needs to be said about Jim. Her
description of him is certainly the man I have come to know over the years.
I've
seen Jim go out of his way many, many times to work with people and he's
always been more than fair in his dealings with us and with anyone we've ever
suggested use him.

I had actually forgotten myself how hard Carmen worked for the back-to-back
specialties but I am very grateful for that effort as well as for the new
Working Dog Sport. He has been a tireless advocate for years for things
beneficial
to our breed and our sport.

I feel we need to look at the fact that all these people are human. They are
going to make decisions based on their evaluations of information. They may be
different from what ours would have been but that does not mean there was any
malicious intent. I'm sure all of us can remember a totally wrong decision
made at some point in our lives that was made with the best of intentions but I
doubt that any of us were subjected to the intense hate-mongering that is
taking place now for a few of these people because of it.

As much as we all hate the fact that people like Hunte exist in our society,
they do. Tearing our own unity apart takes nothing away from them. In reality,
it gives them a tremendous amount of power over us. If we stop chewing each
other up, find a solution, come out stronger and fix the problems that allowed
this in the first place, then that power is broken.

If our unity as a group is broken beyond repair by hatred and bitterness and
dissent openly and viciously addressed, then he wins - far more than he ever
dreamed possible when he submitted his application.

I was reading on another list last night about a club - not named - which
denied membership to an individual and was sued. The club was almost driven out
of existence by the costs of defending their decision. I will try to research
and get the name of it.

There is a lot of talk throughout the dog world about this........and yes, we
do look bad to many people because of this decision but there were also many
positive comments about
our club's willingness to allow our BOD the time to revisit the issue. Our
bickering so intensely among ourselves does not get many positive comments
though. It is viewed as very damaging.
lynda

In a message dated 02/16/2007 9:39:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
shereemosesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> ........ distracted, ADD, sure, but
> maliciously out to sell the breed he loves down the river for $$$$$$$?
> I don't think so.  Yes, this breed has been good to him, and he has been
>
> successful.  But he has worked his butt off for whatever success he has had.
>
>  No one handed him anything, and if now he has the opportunity to show some
> of our breeders' finest, he worked hard for that privilege.  For Jim it has
> always been about the dogs...he lives, eats, breathes and sleeps them, 24/7.
>
>  And no one could love his dog more than Jim does...it's part of the reason
> he has been so successful...he loves those dogs, better than most people,
> and the dogs know it, and respond to that love.
> I resent some of the comments about money.  The ones who make them obviously
>
> don't really know him.  Don't let him know some puppy, born with a
> congenital defect, could live a normal life with VERY expensive
> surgery....or that an old, retired breeding animal needs expensive
> medication..or that a kid wants a dog to show....or any number of other
> similar instances...

Check out our websites for constantly updated info and pictures
www.falkrigiashepherds.com
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com