[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hummingbird Rescue - Kinda Long but Amazing

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx(List)>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 17:31:40 -0700

This is a wonderful story, Paulette. I am just as crazy with critters, not
necessarily dogs.
Two years ago I attached a little old basket to a tree branch in my back
yard. It seemed that the doves that nested there made some bad choices
regarding their nests and lost some babies this way. They are the worst
nestmakers. I was hoping they would use this basket. Nothing happened for 2
years and then finally this Spring a pair of doves checked it out, decided
this was what they wanted and laid their eggs into the basket and sat on
them which seemed forever. Then I saw some activity and knew the babies had
hatched. Eventually you could see their little heads emerging from the
wings of the parent. They just grow so fast, parents took turns sitting on
them  I looked at them yesterday without the parents sitting in the nest
and spreadding their wings. I knew the time has come. Then, today, they
were gone and I feel so down, just like losing one one my own.
Isn't that weird? After all they were just doves!! Will they ever be back?
Lee

Liane Fossland
Home of Ch. Donar,CD, Loni,CD, Auburn, Kara Mia and Windy
www.steppenwindgsd.com

EarthLink Revolves Around You.

<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; GermanShepherds4Show
<Germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>