[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Humble Pie

  • From: "Peter Cacioppo" <petercacioppo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:13:53 -0700

A couple of people have responded to my previous email asking me  what were
the names of the two dogs. The same thing happened when I sent my original
email back in 2005.  I save a number of my old emails in various folders on
my computer so I was able to go back and easily retrieve the email I had
previously sent to this list was back in 2005...and here it is:

I have no financial interest in these dogs.
Both dogs have gone VA a few times in Germany and are rather famous dogs.

Erasmus van Noort
and
Dux della Valcuvia    (memo from 2009: this is a different dog that some one
brought over that has Dux in its name).

Both live in Germany or Europe. Dux is an older dog not shown anymore so
looked into him and found out he produced something that I can not have with
my bloodline (2009 memo: as it was in 2005):
weak ears that need
to be taped.  I think you can breed to him with an American Bitch.
The other dog ,Erasmus van Noort, a new list has been talking about and is
probably unavailable to American line bitches, as he is one of the current
really great ones having gone high VA a number of times. .

Something else:  someone explained to me  a few months ago and it makes
sense:  I was looking at progeny
out of German line bitches.  And these two still produced the movement we
want in AKC Specialty shows.  So if these dogs were bred to American bitches
we should have even a better chance of getting the movement.
As a related idea:  There were a number of other progeny classes that had
almost acceptable high levels of movement, and this was with German bitches,
as I said.  With American bitches, I venture to say that there is a very
good chance that a number of the studs I saw could produce the AKC Specialty
movement. Reviewing my notes:
for instance, Erasmus van Noort's half brother Larus von Batu, who went
Sieger latter on that week in 2004, and went VA 2 in 2003 could do it
probably.  Their father Yasko vom Farbenspiel probably fits in that category
also.

DON'T FORGET: I WROTE THE ABOVE IN 2005 AFTER I GOT BACK FROM THE 2004
SIEGER SHOW IN GERMANY.
SUGGESTION: the next time you vacation in Europe, spend 4 days going to the
Sieger show, that way you can accomplish two things at once.

Peter Cacioppo, CFP...Eagle Hill Wealth Management
Phone: 925-377-6416
Web:   www.EagleHillAdvisor.com
Blog:  www.eaglehillwealthmanagement.blogspot.com
Fee-only Financial Planner and Registered Investment Advisor

www.EagleHillGroup.net
Eagle Hill Wines and Vineyards, Moraga, CA

-----Original