[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Humane Society of the United States

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <psharp212@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 10:16:09 -0800

Better that we align ourselves with Hunte?  I do believe that was the
rationale behind at least one Board member's Yes vote.

HSUS has aligned itself with PETA on some issues; heck, many people align
themselves with PETA on certain issues.  I considered donating to PETA when
they first started out until I researched them and discovered the truth,
which I do before I hand over money to anyone, except homeless female
beggers, of course; after all, who doesn't want animals treated ethically??
HSUS has also aligned itself with ASPCA on many more issues; ASPCA is NOT
considered an AR group.

We MUST find a way to protect animals from neglect and abuse without Animal
RIGHTS denying our own rights.  The two are NOT the same, nor should anyone
think of them that way.  THAT is what RALEEF should be concentrating on, not
buying banners and hating PETA and other perceived ARistas!!!

If Wayne Pacelle "has his way" and changes the mission of the HSUS, as Molly
implies, then Lew Bunch could just go ahead and do the same thing with the
GSDCA; maybe he might want to invite all puppy-millers to join our club, at
a discounted rate!!!  How silly an argument is that??

I agree with Dr. Mack.  Animal welfare issues should be paramount to any
alleged animal lover, breeder, owner, exhibitor, handler, judge, rescuer,
veterinarian, vet tech, etc., etc., etc..

Paula, 254 days and counting