[ SHOWGSD-L ] Howling styles

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:43:26 -0400

Ok, here is what happens when you have too much time on your hands, waiting for
news from the Nationals :-)
I have observed 2 different howling styles in my dog.? Some make an "O" with
their lips to howl.? Others howl open mouthed.? At first I thought it was boys
vs. girls.? However, Miss Maggie Mae is an open mouth howler.? I once timed one
unbroken howl for a whopping 32 seconds!? The dogs are only allowed to howl on
command?or when they ask?permission, so I do get to observe them.??I am now
trying to?teach the 5lb Yorkie?how to howl.? That should be funny, if she ever
howls, LOL!?

Laura Thomas

P.S.? Thank you Susan for sending me the Sept. Review.? It really is an awesome
issue and now I get to put faces with the names of the dogs I know I will be
hearing about this week.? Thank you Susan!!!!!!!
http://mail.aol.com