[ SHOWGSD-L ] How we have grown

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:11:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/30/2009 6:00:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:

Without  fully understanding what you meant by "the noisy ones" (could  be
kids throwing tantrums), I say go for it.  There really shouldn't  be  any
club business that the membership couldn't be aware of, and I  don't buy
the
excuse that people may act different in front of the  cameras. That's
rubbish.
More like they act different behind closed  doors.....

To give you an idea what used to go on, let me relay an event  that
happened my first meeting on the board.

On the Friday night before the meeting I saw Ralph Roberts in  the motel
restaurant with a group of other board members. I went to sit with  them, and
Ralph very nicely told me to leave since they were talking about club
business. That is how the club used to be run.

He apologized when he realized I had been elected to the  board.  They were
determining how to vote the next day on things that might  come up.

They used to think the board was different, (read better) than  the
membership. It hasn't been that way for years, and I doubt it will ever be
that
again.

I had a great conversation with Ralph yesterday. He is doing  great, and we
talked about the club and the current dogs. He is trying to decide  if he
is ready for another dog. It was good to talk to him.  He should be  included
in any history interviews.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/