[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How much is too many?

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD0110@xxxxxxx" <GSD0110@xxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:09:11 -0500

If I had bitch number two in your scenario..I probably would breed her only
once..I don't like problems and guess I am too lazy to deal with a bitch
that simply won't do what nature intended it to.To me this breed is
supposed to be hardy and prolific..easy breeders..and usually easy
whelpers.C.Grainger

Fran-Jo.
> Jag had just finished his championship and had sired few  litters.  The
bitch
> I took to him had a very small vulva.  She had a  difficult time being
bred
> and a harder time whelping. Joan commented on it and  said to keep only a
son if
> there was a very good one.  She said  reproductive problems are more
often
> inherited mother to daughter in her  experience.  My bitch had previously
had
> only one litter but there was a  top quality bitch in that litter.  My
bitch
> didn't get pregnant... when I  called Joan to tell her she said...
Good... bring