[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How many shows to finish??

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amidon@xxxxxxxxx, gsd showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:08:45 -0800 (PST)

also to consider - was it professionally handled or owner handled, did they
know which Judges prefer certain types. And if the owner enjoys showing and the
dog enjoys beening shown, what difference does it make. As you said this is for
the owner to decide. What may be a waste of money for one owner may be fun for
another. JMHO Morgan
Barbara or DTA Amidon <amidon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  It was just brought up that
some breeders were discussing how a certain Champion took 35 shows to
finish??And should a breeder show that much to finish a dog??That in my opinion
is entirely up to the owner ..Maybe the dog was not in condition most of the
time maybe it was a hard luck dog,,But mostly it is the business of whoever
owns the dog..Not for me to Judge.I know of a dog that was shown 60times..I
wouldnt spend that money but then it is still the business of the owner..Also I
only worry about my own dogs and not what someone else is doing..
www.amber-german-shepherds.com

Morgan and His Angels
  Precious, OFA
  Princess, CGC, TDI, GSDCA Health Award