[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How many dogs can one fit in a house?

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:54:10 -0600

I sent a private e-mail to Barb, but while I was growing up, all dogs were
housedogs - we had as many as 5 - 7 adult dals at the house... The usual number
was about 5 and then a pup being grown out, a litter, and a visiting girl for
one of the boys. All dogs were hand-walked every evening and they got their
show training or were worked in obedience.. We sometimes had more, but beyond 7
it got chaotic and the dogs didn't benefit from it.

Most dalmatians do great in co-ownership homes so the kennel thing has more or
less disappeared in dals... It was a real shocker to GSDs and see all the
kennel situations.. I am just not used to that.

My personal dogs have indoor/outdoor runs for during the day and they are in
the house with us the rest of the time... Nothing more comforting then watching
tv. and having a dog, or two, or more sleeping on top of you or on the
floor.....

My mom currently has currently has 5 adult champion dals (three dogs, two
bitches) and Naughtia - the 4 month old *brat* child.

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls

Watch ?Cause Effect,? a show about real people making a real difference.