[ SHOWGSD-L ] How it should be

  • From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 11:45:00 -0700

I sooooo agree with Dania.  It is just NO FUN sitting in a hotel room all
alone....
HELEN FRANKLIN

Dania writes:
DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx wrote:We have been hearing from judges and some "not so
happy" listers about
judges attending dinners prior to the show or co-mingling with exhibitors
prior to
the show. I have a different perspective - that of the hosting club.
We are in the South and showing hospitality to our exhibitors and our judges
is ingrained in our most inner beings..... and we love to talk dogs. Our
club organizes a big "gathering" with lots of good food for the after show
dinner on Saturday of a double show weekend - we ALWAYS invite the Sunday
judge
and hope that he/she attends. It is many of our members' only opportunity to

talk about the National, what the knowledgeable people think of the state of

the breed, the bloodlines of the day, etc. Conversation about that day's
winners is avoided and I don't (nor any of my club's members) think that
these
enlightening conversations would sway the Sunday's judge opinion - we have a

much higher opinion of them (else we would not have invited them to judge
our
show). It is all about fun, camaraderie and good ol' dog talk..... and that
is how it should be.
Dania