[ SHOWGSD-L ] How do you blame the wind? - too long -

  • From: frontiergsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:16:20 -0700 (PDT)

The wind blew and the sand blew and filled the hole to the gate rod. The gate
rod lifted just enough. The deer stood and teased and the dogs hit that gate.
The extra bungee cord collapsed under the pressure of the quick blow.
Scott heard the dogs barking and was getting their evening cookies and milk
together. He called them and walked outside to see the gate open - the one we
never use. He opened the front door and Indy was standing there trying to tell
him Zena was hurt. It was less than two minutes.  He threw David in the truck
and locked Indy in the house.  He knew and didn't waste a second.

I was at a funeral for my Aunt in Oregon.  I had driven up with my parents.  We
just arrived when I received the call. My Zena had been hit by a motorhome!

Can you say hard weekend?

My Aunts, Uncles and parents got the money together to fly me home and to help
pay for keeping her alive at the emergency vet.  I couldn't handle the  stress
of being away from my men who took such great care of my girl and my girl who
needed me.

She is alive and no rips in her organs.  Her foot is shattered and hip came out
of the socket and will have to be surgically fixed. Bruised lungs and bruised
head. Not sure about brain damage yet, but she seems ok.  Looks like about ONLY
$5000 (that's after and not including the expensive emergency vet)  She is in
great hands with my regular vet.

No one to blame but the wind.  There were people on the highway behind the
motorhome that stopped facing her in the middle of the road stopping traffic to
help save her.

If anyone would like to help I am asking for help. We finally got our lives
together after losing our business.  The vet will work with us but it would be
years of paying on this.  I am past pride on this - my girl needs help and so
do
I. If you want to send a small donation make it to Klaich in care of Zena
Partei...

Klaich Animal Hospital 1990 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502-3408
Phone1 (775) 826-1212
Websitenone

Alycia Partei