[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How do I get a dog sitter?

  • From: diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:00:42 +0000

Have you looked at the young-adult children of your friends in town? Or
young-adult nieces or nephews?

With either I'd "hire" them to come out & help a few times with kennel duties
so you can get a hint about how they'd work out unsupervised. (I mean if they
need constant supervision to finish tasks when you're with them... forget
leaving them alone!)

If those are dead ends... contact your local vets for information on
pet-sitters. When I worked for a vet, we'd often get fliers from people who
were starting pet-sitting or yard cleaning businesses. As with any other
service provider, check them out before leaving them in charge! Don't forget to
try large animal vets.

Check with dog trainers or dog groomers for leads, breed rescues & humane
societies.

Diane
in MI
(who is lucky to have a great farm sitter who stays at my house & takes care of
my dogs & cats & sheep & donkey & chickens & peafowl when I travel to herding
events)