[ SHOWGSD-L ] How did this happen????????

  • From: "Lonna Fisher" <lonnagsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showdogs" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 22:33:36 -0600

Hi,
      Reading with interest that allowing whites will give us white legs,
blazes etc ................ I have a question and this will go back many years
............. I bred a Joey Baby daughter to a Phantom son, in the resulting
litter of nine I got one female pup that had white part way up the front legs
with tan freckles along with a huge white chest marking, it was a real shock
(all other 8 were normal colored B & T’s) ......... no the bitch was not mis
mated as I owned both sire and dam, (the dam was B & T the sire was pure black)
and at no point was the bitch ever outside without me ............ I called the
resulting female Sunflower’s Flash of White ............ I later did a
extremely close in breeding of her to her litter brother interesting to note
that all of the 9 pups were just normal Black and Tan, no extra white.
On a side note I showed Flash at the BC specialty one year, I forget who the
judge (old age) was but he spent several minutes checking her out, even looked
at the standard, he seemed very confused as to what to do with her, if I
remember right she placed 4th in competition.

Take care,
Lonna

Lonna Fisher
Sunflower Reg'd GSD