[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How I spent my spring vacation

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:41:04 -0800 (PST)

I thought I saw you every day this week!  You missed something?  For as busy as
I am sure you are you do seem to find time for this list too, how much do you
sleep?  1 hour, 2? Sheila
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:  I was asked why I had not been posting the last few
days. I didn't know I
had missed, but it was due to my schedule.

I have been spending the last two days in an AKC Trial Board Hearing. It was
the hardest hearing I have ever done, and for some reason there was a lot of
anger, and hostility. The witnesses had some very strong opinions as did
the prosecutor and defense attorney.

We finished late yesterday and then the Trial Board had to discuss the
issues and reach a conclusion. I came in today at 5:00 a.m. to dictate our
decision, since I have four clients in the morning and a deposition in the
afternoon. I did finish the dictation and decided to go through some of the
e-mail.

It is interesting to see the extent that the AKC goes through to protect the
rights of the accused. If ever you wonder, they spend whatever it takes, and
take as long as is needed. It is not easy work.

There should be no question that the hearings are fair, thorough, and
complete. The last two days have been as intense and difficult as any two days
in
my 30 years of the practice of law. When the decision is typed and if
everyone on my Trial Board agrees, it should be of some interest to the
parties.

Evan (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC for low, low
rates.