[ SHOWGSD-L ] How I plan to do it

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 13:33:07 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/10 4:59:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:

even if  the dog/bitch from a non-regular class is given BOB-BOS
,--if it  isn't an entered Ch. he cannot get GC points, The key word is
points for GC must be given to Champions of record ( meaning they are
Champions
before the show ) I'm sure their are going to be mistakes  made,until
judges
get  used to doing this , The steward will be a big  key in this to prevent
it. It  would be a shame if the mistake had to  be corrected by AKC,and GC
points  rescinded

Since I will be doing this in three days, this is what I have  determined.

I will Select my Best of Breed, my Best of Winners, and my Best Opposite
Sex winners.  Before I announce that, I will announce that no one is  to
leave the ring, when I pick these winners.

At that point I will ask the ring steward which of those dogs are Champions
 as of the day of the judging?  Then when I know which are Champions, I
will  determine what two dogs and what two bitches I want to award the Grand
Champion  points to.  As best I can understand I then have to write in the
book who I  give it to, and also mark those champions that do not get it, NA,
or something  of that sort. Maybe it is NA NA NA NA!

Thanks to all who helped me figure this out.  The last show I was at  had
nine champions.  After the judge placed the BOB, BOW, and BOS, she  turned to
the rest, before announcing the winners, and said:  "You are all  getting
the blue and white ribbon for Grand Champion points."  A bunch of  us
corrected her, and I think it got changed.

Like anything new, it will be worked out.  And I choose to believe  Vivian
when she says she is first.  Even if she wasn't.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together