[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Housetraining information request for article

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: juel@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:46:20 EDT

In a message dated 7/24/2007 10:21:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
juel@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
OMG! I  am laughing so hard. I have used this phrase and shocked people when
training my puppy kindergarten! I draw it out as a great tool to use in
training and go on describing how to roll the paper up good and tight so  the
impact is great.....and they think the newspaper is for the puppy and  then I
slam them with the punch line of "Hit YOURSELF over the head with  it". Love
it!

<VBG>

True story; I brought Becky home after loosing and 8 1/2 year old bitch to
cancer, and when I brought her home, I took her at 7 weeks (legal then) because
 I was afraid I was loosing my adult male to grief...he was just awful...I
know,  I know, not great for the puppy but was scared to death of loosing the
male....

anyyyywhooooo....

it was March, very cold, very rainy and I used to set the buzzer/clock on
the stove and take her out frequently, but hit the clothes dryer switch on the
way out to warm up the dog towels.

My old guy, who didn't HAVE to pee, would oblige, go out in the nasty
weather, show her where to pee, then they'd both get dried w/ warm towels.

Well, Becky was BAD.  Not to potty train, but into EVERYTHING.

I want to know what genius came up w/ the
pennies-in-a-soda-can-as-a-correction idea, because, I was on my last leg with
taking her out every 2 hours,
and half asleep, mistakenly grabbed a "real"  (opened, that I'd been drinking),
soda can instead of the one w/ pennies in it,  shook vigorously and then spent
the whole day cleaning  the great  room.

Bless her heart though, she did keep the old guy going:)  I have fond
memories of taking her to puppy-K, him being off leash and following the two of
 us
through the exercises so he wasn't left out:)

After puppy-K we kept going because she still did pretty much as she  pleased
and she got her UD in short order.  (Literally, it's been a  while, but I
think 11 shows, and the 2 NQ's were all me).

You know, she's STILL BAD at almost 10 <G>.  And...I wouldn't  change a
hair:)  She earned the right to have my world revolve around her  when she was
just
7 weeks old and gave my old man something to keep living  for.  All the rest
is gravy:)

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds