[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: House

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:17:05 -0800 (PST)

There is an empty building lot up the street of Fairway here in Beavercreek Or
that is listed at 500,000.00 with nothing on it.
  Terry
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Kristal doesn't live too far from me. Richmond is the strangest place. I
know that every city has various neighborhoods where the prices vary like
crazy...but if I drive about 8 miles in the opposite direction from here to
Kristal's, I will be in a neighborhood where just a few months ago, I was in
a house about 3/4 the size of mine with a large front lawn and no "yard" to
speak of...with houses all chock-a-block piled in on top of one
another...and it had just been sold for $650,000. I go to a lot of
"estate sales," just to see what's available...sometimes I buy, most times
not, but I love going thru the houses...there are some VERY wealthy areas of
this city, and house prices are crazy.
While mid-range houses (around $200,000 or so) are not selling, the
price of homes here goes up steadily... inexplicable to me but true.
Still, you wouldn't find much in this area for $200,000, except a home
for yourself and a couple of dogs...not a kennel at all. In fact, I would
bet that if you started putting up even a small bank of runs, your neighbors
would have the authorities on you!
Peggy