[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hotel Problem

  • From: Amy <mrsaimers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 06:25:19 -0800 (PST)

The Knights Inn was not the only hotel listed that was less than desirable to
stay in. Several of us booked rooms at the Americas Best Value Inn (which was a
hotel/motel added to the list after the Holiday Inn Plaza closed). When we
arrived it was a disaster not only after confirming our reservations the
morning we were to arrive did they lose the reservations. The police were
arresting someone at the front door when we arrived and the whole hotel was
filthy (I won't go into the details).

 The next day I phoned the Convention and Visitor Bureau and spoke to the
director there his name was Dean and advised him of the conditions of the
Americas Best Value Inn and was told by him that they had spoken to that
property owner on several occasions regarding the conditions of the property.

I do have to say that the Holiday Inn- Midtown was wonderful and found us some
rooms. I can't thank the staff there enough for all their help.

Thanks for the Time
Amy Hubbard- Member GSDCA and GSDCGKC

Amy
816-547-9031