[ SHOWGSD-L ] Horses vs Dogs

  • From: ardejay@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 06:26:30 -0400 (EDT)

I don't know if Richard Robshaw is still judging but years ago he told me thats
how he knows a good moving  dog.Everything he knew about movement he learned
from watching  horses.Hope I have his first name right.Long time ago !!

Donna Jacot,ArDeJay

[While on this subject.....McDowell Lyon (The Dog in Action) professes that the
verage dog breeder (not just GSD breeder) can learn a lot from the Thoroughbred
unter, since their ability to cover all types of ground at the most profitable
nd applicable speed and style can be more prognostic to breeders.
lso, partly a reason for "dirty" rears is not just poor ligamentation, but
ossibly a weakening on the rearing muscles, which are required to be
articularly strong to support the body and relift the fore part of the body
ack above the horizontal level]
Ileana (sitting and reading at the airport)