[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Horrible news from St. Louis

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:57:51 -0800 (PST)

Well I'd have been dead a long time ago if having a dog in my lap or on my
furniture or in my lap made them Alpha.  If not from being eaten by my pack of
dogs, then surely of freezing to death in the cold climate I live in.  My trick
is they are only allowed in those areas by invitation.  Works for me....though
seven dogs in bed with me, definitely does not.

  Cindy
  cinosamgsd.com

Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  If we want to protect the GSD breed from this story we should take up a fund
to pay for an necropsy and pray that the dog had a physical reason, brain
tumor, that could account for this killing.
But from the looks of the picture that went with the story ,with the dog on her
lap, you can tell the dog thought itself to be alpha.

My dogs do not share anything that is mine ever!!!! It is my everything they do
what they are told to do. They are never allowed on the furniture NEVER ON MY
BED EVER. I am the leader they may not be in front of me if I don't ask them
to. I never yell at them. Heck I don't ever walk over to give them a pat, alpha
leader never ever solicit attention from followers. If they come to me seeking
attention I give it to them. If they do a good job I praise them,. If they
brake a rule they are removed from the pack until they submit to pack rules. I
can run every dog I own together. I have had one bitch fight in 20 some years
and that was my fault. I did not have to touch them to brake it up. I let them
tire and when it looked like a stale mate I said leave it and they did. No
stitches were needed.

I treat humans like humans and animals like animals and I never confuse the
two. I have a deep respect for both.

Terry

Ginger Cleary wrote:
It is indeed tragic... it was also 100% preventable.... and everyone should
be writing the media there and telling them so. This, as Cyndy said, was not
the dog's fault. It was human failing.
Ginger Cleary - Rome, GA www.rihadin.com

"Prohibition.. makes a crime out of things that are not crimes..A
prohibition law strikes a blow at the
very principles upon which our government was founded." A. Lincoln (Dec.
1840)