[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hoosier Kennel Club show today

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "E.G. Baker" <shadowbrooktx@xxxxxxx>, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, "Peggy" <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>, "show shepherd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:20:48 -0600

Hi..Well Sterling is gone..the brewery shut down a few years back. Still a
great smaller big town...not much crime..good place to raise kids. I used
to go to Triplet's games at Bosse field...which was the Baseball Field
featured in a "League of their Own."...Many young folks leave Evansville
thinking it is better somewhere else...seems they usually come back to
roost when it is time to raise a family. Have lived in Evansville or the
surrounding area for 42 years..glad you enjoyed your time here! Christine

<pmick@xxxxxxxxx>; show shepherd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2/13/2005 4:35:19 PM
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hoosier Kennel Club show today
>
> I played Pro Baseball in Indy (as a visitor) in the late 60's. Ballpark
was in pretty bad part of town. Heard sirens from our hotel room most of
the night. Given as to how much worse things have gotten in all the cities
I can only Imagine. Loved Evansville, however was there in 70 with Twins .
Great city , great fishing, pretty good beer (Sterling). Hey if it's free
it's good. Tornado Alley , however the weather can get ROUGH>
> Gene

C.