[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Honest Judges, shows

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 16:39:04 -0800

and therein lies the problem.. handlers have made this their full time job
to provide a living, whereas exhibitors do it for sport/hobby.. at some
point one can not support the other and people drop out. I am not saying
that handlers don't have the right to charge what they do, but the reality
is that many can simply not afford to travel handlers all over the place and
continue to pay all the bills. I see people sticking closer to home, and
utilizing home resources.. at least the costs of airfare, hotels, food etc
are not there..
which brings me to another somehow sort point.. Is it really fair that
exhibitors  are expected to pay for handlers meals? It's one thing if the
meals are reasonable, but I know a handler that eats like King Henry when he
is out on the road and at someone else's expense..he even charges for
gum..sheesh!!

Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com