[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Honest Judges

  • From: CherlynGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, iza10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, HyHope@xxxxxxx, cudjoe@xxxxxxxxxx, rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxx, Stoneshep2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 13:54:43 EST

Cyndy,
I disagree with that for several reasons; With today's economy, the cost of
entry fees have gone up, handler rates have gone up, along with gas and
everything else except one's paycheck! (Speaking of your average person).
Therefore
causing people who will not give up showing their dogs, to maybe cut back on
the number of shows per month, the number of dogs they bring out, and the
professional handler they choose. Many are going to the unknown, simi novice,
or
doing owner handled. There will be times that the majority of a class are
handled
by less then pros. The judge will still have to seek out the best dog or he /
she will be noticing a decline in assignments. (Supply and Demand Theory).

Should it happen they way you explained it, does that mean that what the
judges would be putting up are the best of our breed? Or would it only be the
best
of what the ones that can afford to play the game have?

JMO
Lyn ~ Cherlyn Shepherds

In a message dated 1/2/2005 1:28:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
And, after all this time,
the