[ SHOWGSD-L ] Homeowners Insurance

  • From: "blackoakdogs tds.net" <blackoakdogs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NewHampshireGSDs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, k9NE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:59:04 -0500

Just curious what everybody is doing nowadays for homeowners ins. We have
had The Hartford for 10+ years now, but they recently came out to do a
"inspection" and since we had a tree limb overhanging the house and tree
"debris" on the roof (yes I live in a wooded area and there are leaves on
the roof in the fall, how shocking) they decided not to renew our ins. When
I called back to dispute this cancellation, one of the dogs barked and the
agent immediately asked what breed it was. GSD... Had 'em since we moved
here and got this policy right from the get go. I was then informed that
since they are on their vicious dog list and I have more than one dog, that
I could only apply for a commercial kennel policy. Well I haven't had a
litter that I've sold for several years now and certainly can't afford a
commercial policy.
Do you all have personal homeowners policies? Do you own up to the #'s of
dogs on the property? What company do you use that allows GSD's? I had my
car ins. policies with them too but am going to dump them now completely
because I'm so disgusted with them. I have until Dec 1st to find another
company.

Margaret
Corsair GSD & AE