[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Homeowner's Insurance

  • From: Luanne Crinklaw <silvermoongsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dglov49@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:07:52 -0800 (PST)

I can relate on what your going through, our insurance company canceled us
after a $300.00 claim. When we tried to get new insurance for good rate no one
would talk to us because of the dogs. We finally settled with a subsidiary of
Nationwide that is 2x's as much as what we used to pay with State Farm. I live
down the street from two cops and two lawyers and they said that my house is
more protected than any one elses because of the dogs. But try telling that to
the insurance people. One insurance agent said it wasn't him it is the
underwriters, they just will not write policies on houses with dogs on the hit
list. To tell the truth I am more afraid of the little dogs than the big dogs,
at least the big dogs give you a warning before they bite you, I've been bitten
by many little dogs who don't.
  Luanne
  From: Dglov49@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:28:45 EST
Subject: Home owners insurance and GSD
Hi all,
I was so upset today, that I needed to share with all of you what
happened.
7yrs ago I purchased the home I am currently living in. My home owners
insurance  was 136.00 a year.
(I have a small home). Since last year, my insurance rate went up to
669.00
a year. So I started shopping around, since my current agent told me it
was
due  to all the disasters in the south and the ins comp paying out so
much
money. A new agent found a company, Fidelity Ins that would cost
523.00 a year,
but they would not insure me because I own 2 GSD.
My dogs are obedience trained, and one is a Therapy dog who works with
the
Mentally Retarded. I was so upset I told the agent that they should
give me a
discount, since no one in their right mind would rob a house w/2 GSD
living in
it.
Does any one know how to handle this. I am considering emailing
Fidelity  and
giving them a piece of my mind.
Denise
Austintown, Ohio