[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Home grown food, was Eating Dogs, cats or your gold fish!

  • From: "Arcturus" <Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:20:37 -0400

Our kids were raised on a small farm like some of you.  We always explained
that us eating them was the natural order of things.  The chickens ate the bugs
and corn that was once alive,  the steers ate the grass that is alive, and the
pigs eat, well the pigs eat just about anything they can swallow and that was
probably alive in some form or another. Nonetheless,  since we are going to
take their lives its our responsibility to treat these creatures with respect
and take care of them properly. That meant they were fed before we ate, they
were brought in from the rain before we went into the dry house, and in the
winter their stables were kept clean and dry before we went to play or
whatever. Our dogs were always given fresh eggs and meat scraps and bones and
now we know that eggs contain DHA which contributes to mental development. The
girls would be embarressed if they knew I wrote this,  but I always thought it
was interesting they didn't get thier periods until they were 14 unlike thier
classmates who were 10 or 11,  but our girls weren't eating hormone enhanced
foods either. Sue T