[ SHOWGSD-L ] Home from Florida NAIA Conference

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 08:37:58 -0800

Hey, Terry, here’s a post! <G>  Thank you all, by the way, for the restraint
the last 4 days <G>!!!!
It was marvelous.  As I posted in Facebook… Who doesn’t read Facebook?  It was
exhausting, yet invigorating - uplifting, yet depressing (will explain in time)
- informative, educational, and simply wonderful to renew acquaintances and
friends, see unperson so many Facebook and Lister friends.

Diane Brown, you are amazing!  So wonderful to meet Diane.  Carmen was there
all weekend, and I was charged with writing the Conference Report ? Hmmmm.

I was told to UNlearn some of what I have learned, and he was right.  Some of
what we have been using to stem the Extremist hordes has been misunderstood by
the public and utilized by the Extremists.  More later, of course.
And RElearned and NEWlearned so much….

The presentation that is staying with me as the most powerful.. and not it a
good way :-( was by Dr. Tannebaum, UC Davis Animal Law Ethics  Professor.  In a
tiny nutshell, he is distraught that  Animal Law Ethics has only 2 classes
being taught.  That the ETHICS of animal law, and as it pertains to veterinary
medicine especially, is being DISCARDED as a worthy subject to teach incoming
veterinary students.  Lots more made my eyes open wide, but this sad state of
affairs could bring tears.

I’ll try to add bits as I’m writing up my notes, if there is any interest.

Of course, I’m exhausted.

Stormy V. Hope