[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hold on a minute

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:17:57 EST

In a message dated 2/25/07 7:14:57 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
JANGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
It will  take YEARS for the  GSDCA to recover from the damage that he has
done to  our club, but we need to  start now to do damage  control.

I wonder about this.

We might be the first club to publicly remove Mr. Hunte from our
organization.  That sends a pretty strong message from the GSDCA, and says  we
have the
courage to stand up to the threats, arguments, intimidation and  protestations
of the Hunte organization.

I understand the direction is now to re-vote the issue. If Mr. Hunte is not
accepted as a member, the GSDCA  has considered the consequences and is
prepared to defend a law suit, and to show the dog world that we do not stand
blissfully by and allow into our club a person who stands for values that
conflict with ours.  Our insurance is in force, our witnesses are  available,
our
by-laws are established, and many of our board members have the  desire and
strength to deal with this.

It would be best if Mr. Hunte found another breed club to join, but if he
decides he will litigate, we are ready to deal with it. The cost to him will be

substantial, and to us, we and our board will be defended by our carrier.
It is a shame that it has come to this, but perhaps this day was inevitable,
and  now is our chance to stand up and be heard.

Mr. Hunte does read this List, or has a source, or so I am told, as to  what
is being said.  In that regard I will accept the appointment as an  honorary
board member, and be joined in any litigation that comes up.  I  have expressed
this to a couple of the board members, and my vote would still be  NO!

We could end up as the beginning of the end for those who promote animal
endangerment, and commercialization of dogs.  We, the GSDCA may be the  first
breed club under the AKC to stand up and be heard, and to express   clearly our
support of responsible breeding, treatment of dogs, and the ethics  of pure
bred dogs.

Perhaps that is a good thing!

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds