[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hokamix

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:19:30 -0800

and isn't that true of all products?? Even Colonel Saunders had his "secret"
herbs and spices so that his KFC could not be replicated..
Actually, there is more to Hoka Mix than just the herbs Paul reports
As per the website I ordered it from:

Hokamix 30 - Hokamix is made up of natural minerals, trace elements, and
vitamins obtained from herbs.   Vitamins include: A, C, folic acid, K, B2,
B3, B1, B12, E, B6, biotin, B5 (paniothenic acid).  Minerals and trace
elements include: calcium, phosphorous, sodium, magnesium, zinc, manganese,
chromium, potassium, selenium, iodine, iron, and copper.  Herbs include:
alfalfa, almond powder, capsicum, woundwort, arnica, balm, cascara sagrada,
couchgrass, chamomile, comfrey, dandelion, kelp, yellow dock, fennel,
lavender, sage, and star anise.

They don't hide behind latin nomenclature - they put it out there.. but
ingredients are one thing, ratios are another - we all know that calcium,
phosphorus, magnesium are essential minerals.. but give them in an incorrect
ratio mix? you are courting disaster.

I don't have a problem with proprietary formulas - that's someone else doing
all the work and helps keep me form screwing it all up..As for cost, it's
all relative.. Hoka Mix dosing is minute compared to other supplements like
Peak, Vertex, Nupro etc..so your 1 lb goes a long way..
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com/biologic.htm for TESTIMONIALS
Give your dogs the Ultimate in Nutritional Support!
BiologicVETNx -the PERFECT supplementation for Raw Diets!
http://www.biologicnr.com/biologicvetnx/
Contact Shadowacre for breeder program Information