[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hog Heaven!

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 06:24:49 GMT

It never rains in California, but, girl don't they warn ya. It pours, man it
pours!!

Not that I even noticed being soaked to the skin, as Asgard's Harley Davidson,
HT, handled exquisitely by Sharlonna McGaha, groomed to wet, dry, wet, dry, and
wet again perfection by Dr. Gloria Rice (his sheepherding trainer and handler)
went Best of Winners, for a 3 point major, under Mr. Jack Newton at the GSDC of
San Diego Specialty on  Sunday.  Harley has all of his AKC minor points and
only needs one more major to finish.  It has been a fast and exciting campaign
and I am forever indebted to Michelle, Grace, J.R., Jerry, Cindy, Sharlonna,
and Ben for piloting him, or stepping in when needed, to show him off and play
with him in the ring.  Your support has been, and is, the fuel that keeps me in
love with this sport and with you all, including the ringside spectators whose
applause, cheers, and congratulations moved me deeply.

As his show career continues on, Harley is also in training for his more
advanced titles in herding, with Gloria, and for his Rally Novice title with
me.  I am ever so grateful to his co-owners, Chuck Sedgewick and Tedi Ginsburg,
for sharing him with me, and allowing him to be mine forever!!  He is such a
handsome, intelligent, and sound dog; a joy to live with and to work with.  He
makes me smile every day.  I think that is good for one's immune system!!  :-)

What's not to love about a good GSD??

Paula, 203 days and counting