[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hobby breeder guilty

  • From: Kate Syssoloff <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Sue M <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:54:45 -0700 (MST)

Improve the breed?  Never my goal.  I agree with you Sue, 'breeding to improve
the breed' that is like saying you are going to go out and change the world!
HAHA  My goal was to breed the BEST dog that I could.  Hmm, let me understand
now.. when I worked full time with a salary and was selling puppies and
showing, it sounds like that was ok... not commercial.  But, when I decided to
retire from business and enjoy my life playing with my dogs, selling puppies
and doing it full time, then that somehow made it not ok?  City Hall has laid
it down very clearly what constitutes hobby breeder and commercial business.
We are lucky it is not as strict as what is happening here.  But, what is
stipulated is the size of ones property and the number of dogs which lays out
what kind of facility one must have.  Neither City Hall nor Government speak
the same language.  One talks about size of property and number of dogs, the
other talks about profits after expenses.  To the town, I am a hobby breeder.
To the government, I am a hobby breeder.  Seems to me, that's both ways.

Kate Syssoloff
Rockannand