[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hoader Raided*11 GSD's* outside of Baton Rogue UPDAT

  • From: "pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 05:22:00 GMT

I don't have a clue what your point is in regards to my or Paulette's posts.

Did you INTENTIONALLY break the law?  If not, our posts have nothing to do with
your situation.  I think you are confused as to what I or Paulette wrote.

Maybe Sally or Evan can assist in clarification.  Sometimes we just plain need
lawyers and embroiderers.     :-)   :-)

Paula, 71 days and counting

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 22:05:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Royal T Shepherds <gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hoader Raided*11 GSD's* outside of Baton Rogue UPDAT

How about people like myself in townships where, if you go to the townhall,
they will let you purchase as many dog licenses as you like.  No one says there
is a 2 dog limit, they just take your money ,.smile and say, "Have a good
day".  My real estate broker, who was informed specifically to look for areas
that allow multiple dogs, assured me that my 8 acre hobby farm was just that.
I went to the townhall, bought 5-10 dog licenses, depending on which year it
was, and believed I was in compliance with the law.  It was at a town hall
meeting that I realised that the township rules were different than the
county.  Also, that the county rules RULE!  Some poor dog owner, not unlike
myself, received a complaint regarding the number of dogs on their property.
Since they didn't have a proper "county" kennel license, they were ordered to
decrease the number of dogs they owned within a specified amount of time, or
face daily fines until compliance.  I
 decided at that time to apply for a county kennel license, and found it VERY
difficult.  Looking back, I don't know if I would have gone through the
hassle.  While it's nice to know you are in compliance with all licensing
regulations, I find it very frightening to think about bringing about all that
attention to yourself, just to be turned down.  I'm sure there are others in
areas like myself that have the same situations.  My dogs were licensed, had
their rabies shots, and were well take care of.  Yet still, because of rules
beyond my township, my dogs could still be considered illegal.  The laws
sometimes are the reason for nonn-compliance, IMO.
Gina
ROYAL T SHEPHERDS
http://www.royaltshepherds.com
Home of: Ch Covy Tucker Hill v Royal T's Edsel,CD,NA,CGC,HIC,OFA h/e/t/c
Covy Tucker Hill's Marc Royal T,CD,CGC
Royal T's Wildwood Maggie May,TT
Stonekroft's Renaissance Royal T