[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: History of the white DQ

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "barbara17236@xxxxxxx" <barbara17236@xxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 11:14:53 -0700 (PDT)

I am well aware that the gene is not at all similar.  I simply said that the
folks that made the DQ
THOUGHT it might be a health issue and now we know better.  BTW I have seen a
true albino
GSD and he was healthy, pretty and good tempered. I have judged white regional
specialties
in conjunction with their national and see that these folks are working very
hard and making
great headway in their breeding programs.  Still, AKC is not likely to make
them a separate
breed in the next century.  The Shiloh Shepherd and the King Shepherd consider
themselves
separate breeds, but it we'll have ice in Arabia before AKC recognizes them. LOL
Carolyn