[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: History of the breed and breeders

  • From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:46:34 +0000 (UTC)

I decided to copy the entire SEL GSD site ;-) so I now have a copy. Most of
this data was collected with the assistance of Joan, Dorris etc..
So my guess is they(Ferrum) wouldn't mind if we migrated their site to the
GSDCA since they stopped managing theirs in 2002.

From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lollark@xxxxxxx
Cc: "Da List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 12:47 PM

Karen, I don't believe there is a more current book. The web has made much
of this info available to all. I would suggest looking at the GSDREVIEWED site
under breed information on the parent club site. And of course you can trace
through the selects from the nationals for the last 10 years or so.
The ferrum/8m site is still up and running and lists selects for the past 40-50
years or so.

http://www.ferrum.8m.com/selgsds/index.html

The pedigree database also has some nice complete information as well