[ SHOWGSD-L ] History Question and memory answer

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: amidon481@xxxxxxx, Jacqueline@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 13:53:48 EDT

In a message dated 5/8/2010 8:29:24 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
amidon481@xxxxxxx writes:

It does  seem like only yesterday..Dakota was the crowd favorite but didnt
win??? I  remember later Judging I think  Beverly HIlls and putting up
Dragonslayer..Later going to lunch that week at Venice Beach..Evan had black
hair and we took pictures on the beach with Jerry Guzman ..Barbara  Amidon

Like it was yesterday. Barbara had her daughter with her that day in
California, one of my all time favorite people.  I got to know Barbara a  bit
that day, before then we just said hello.

I was told a story and never knew if it was true or not, so I will repeat
it.

I was told by The Guz that when Barbara put Destiny in front, Gary Stasser
who had the Open Bitch said to Barbara, "You know she has a missing  tooth."

Jerry told me Barbara said to him, "Yeah, like all your dogs are  perfect."

Even if it isn't true, it is a great story, and lets us all know what to
expect from Barbara in Utah.

I showed Destiny a couple of years later under Fran Ford. I showed him the
left side of her mouth first, and he said to me without any hesitation, "Oh
yes,  the missing tooth is on the other side, isn't it?"

We only showed Dakota and Dragonslayer against each other one time, in
California under Fran Ford. Fran had just bred to Dakota, and I had  Destiny.
We asked Jerry Graham who he wanted to handle, Dragonslayer or  Destiny. He
took Dragonslayer in, I had Destiny and The Guz had Dakota.

Dragonslayer went BOB and afterwards The Guz asked Fran why he went with
Dragonslayer as he knew Fran loved Dakota.

Fran responded, "I do love Dakota, but I had never seen the brother
before."

You  got to love this sport.

I am sorry to vent all these memories, but it is that sort of day.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/