[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hero Dogs

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:42:50 EDT

That's wonderful!  Even if it's too late for the National program,  maybe
one of the Florida specialty clubs could do something locally?

Janice

In a message dated 6/19/2007 7:52:18 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
I had a  nice surprise. Many of the past Hero Dog Award  winners ,especially
the SERVICE ones,keep in contact with me, Just received  this note.  He flew
with his dog to the National in Albany,Ore. ,for those of  you  who were
there.
Isn't it nice to see him trying to do something  for another  Service GSD and
owner. I had to inform him it's too late  this year ,of  course,but hope that
he
can  do it next year.  He's stationed in  Florida,and I told him I would help
him find a  GSDCA member in his area  to  help him with the nomination. All
the
Service dogs have been remarkable,but But  Mizu and Kidd   were  really
special.
Helen Miller Fisher

Hi Helen,  This  is Kidd with K-9 Mizu. I was honored with the award a  few
years  back. A little update , Mizu and myself returned from a classified
mission to Iraq recently. I was wondering if there was time to nominate  one
of  the
other handler's K-9s I worked with around Baghdad?   THANKS
B Kidd

Janice  Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)

"If  our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we  were smarter, they wouldn't need to."