[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hero Dog Deadline

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:16:14 EDT

--Don"t forget the Hero Dog deadline is May  1,2007
Helen

Blanche Beisswenger Memorial Hero Dog Award

As  you are aware, the GSDCA Board granted my request that  we  honor
Blanche
for her GSDCA years of service, by renaming this the  Blanche  Beisswenger
Memorial Hero Dog Award. The nominations must be in my  hands  by May1,2007
as the
Board votes at the July meeting. Here are  the   requirements.
Definitions  of a Hero Dog 1. Must be a German Shepherd  Dog
2.Must have preformed a  meritorious deed such as saving lives and/or
property
and/or other deeds  that would place such an animal in a special category far
above the   norm.
3. Recognition should not be awarded on attributes based on training  alone
,but  on accomplishments and/or feats of heroism that are truly  outstanding
 .
Categories--1.Pet-----  Dogs in this category, are usually household pets,
which  are not  trained for any particular duty or function, who perform by
their
inherent instincts, to serve and protect  mankind.
2. Service--These  are trained Service dogs, which perform in the areas of
their   training, and in the line of duty. Recognition for such dogs should
be
restricted to those who perform truly outstanding services, either single
deeds
or accomplishments over a lifetime, and truly live up to the  designation of
Hero  Dog
3. Good Will Ambassador---These are dogs  that perform Services .to humanity
in a  very special way, in nursing  homes, hospitals and schools. Performance
must be  truly  exceptional.

Rules for  Nominating

1. All information, plus pictures must be in my  hands  ,by May 1,2007
2 .A letter from the person you are   nominating ,with their acknowledgment
and consent.,must
be  included with the  Nomination
* 3. No GSDCA Board member ,or immediate  relative, may  compete for any Hero
Dog Award
*  4. If your  nomination was not  one of the winners ,you may re-submit it
for the  following year.
*  5. Nominations by email will no longer be accepted (  gets  lost in
cyberspace,and pictures are not good
It is advisable to send newspaper clippings,  or pictures  along with your
nominations Send to Helen Miller Fisher, 8139 38th  St.  No, Lake Elmo,MN
55042
Fax--651-777-5381---Email _VPREZHMF@xxxxxxxx  (mailto:VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx