[ SHOWGSD-L ] Herneated Disk Surgery Update

  • From: "Dee and Joe" <jodeeshepherds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:49:31 GMT

First of all, we'd like to thank everyone who responded to my query about the
paralysis that followed this surgery.  Your input and concern is greatly
appreciated.
I am pleased to report that Toga is up and walking and getting stronger every
day.  For those who are ever faced with making a decision on surgery of this
type, I would say "take a chance".  Toga's surgery was successful but during
the night he experienced a blood clot to the spinal cord which rendered him
paralyzed.  It was two weeks before he made any effort whatsoever to try and
stand.  During that time we had to take him in and out via lifts and manually
express his bladder, etc.  I admit it was a hard and long haul, but he is now
up and progressing daily.  At first quite wobbly but as each day goes on (it is
now a month since surgery) he gets stronger and stronger in his hind quarter.
Toga is currently 8 1/2 yrs. old and we hope to have him with us for a few
years to come.
Again, our thanks to our List friends and especially God, who obviously placed
a guardian angel on Toga's shoulders.

Jo-Dee's German Shepherds - Home of Am./Can. Ch. Fantasy's Saratoga Cutter and
our other two fur children, Sassy and Nokia.  God watch over all those we loved
and lost who have gone to the Rainbow Bridge.

FREE for 30 Days! - Holiday eCards from AmericanGreetings.com
http://track.netzero.net/s/lc?s=197335&u=http://www.americangreetings.com/index.pd?c=uol5637