[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Herding with Dogs stresses sheep???

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:41:28 GMT

I am BRAND NEW to herding.  Neither Diana, nor Harley, have EVER harmed another
animal.  I could not stand that!!  Even the big Opossum Harley cornered,
against a block wall, in my back yard, was totally unscathed.

I watch the sheep when Harley is working them.  They can't be too stressed,
because, they work their way over to the fence to visit me for pomegranates and
other goodies.  Harley is just an irritation to them on the way to their
goodies, not a major stress.

Anyone who knows me, knows I wouldn't do this if I believed any animal, my own
or the sheep, were harmed.  I am my own ASPCA!!  I don't even kill spiders!!  I
do NOT think killing or harming other animals is sport, funny, nor fun.  I do
appreciate our dogs natural abilities and instincts.  They deserve a job to
perform.  So, it may be sport, but, it is also a good mental and physical
health activity.

Paula, 18 days and counting