[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hemangiosarcoma Study

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 21:16:02 EDT

Donate a blood sample to help find  hemangiosarcoma genes

How You Can  Help!
    *   Submit a blood sample
    *   Provide a copy of your dogâ??s AKC pedigree
(this information  will remain confidential)

The Ostrander Canine Genomics Laboratory is part of the Cancer  Genetics
Branch of the National Human Genome Research Institute at the  National
Institute
of Health.
We are searching for the genes responsible for the increased  susceptibility
of certain types of cancer in canines. In the Portuguese  Water Dog, we are
particularly concerned with those genes that increase  susceptibility to
hemangiosarcoma.
For more information contact:
Dana Mosher
CGB/NHGRI/NIH