[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Help!Monks of New Skete...tie a leash to bed/owner when...

  • From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 19:02:28 EDT

I'm in complete agreement with Kathy! I too start my pups leashed to my
nightstand. I start with just enough leash so that they can get up, turn
around,
find a new position, etc., but not enough so that they can find a spot  to
pee. As I become more sure of them, the leash gets longer. Eventually I do
away
with the leash and allow them the freedom of the bedroom and adjoining
bathroom. When they get past the mischief stage, I allow them the run of the
house,
although most choose to stay in or near the bedroom.

I also use the leash if for some reason I want the pup to sleep on the bed.
With the leash across my body I will easily awaken if the pup is trying to
jump  off the bed - no jumping allowed for youngsters!
I've used these methods for years, and recommend them to puppy buyers  as
well. -- Susan

favorites at AOL Food.