[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Help with behavior

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sbirch@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <sbirch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 02:51:15 -0700 (PDT)

Was she a house dog prior? What did the favorite person do when she showed
aggression?  Did they put her in her place?

 I had a similar situation years and years ago when I rescued a bitch, sweet
sweet dog the first three weeks, then she started becoming increasingly
dominant (humping my son, started growling at me out of the blue).  Took her to
a trainer, and she ever tried dominating the trainer so for her we had to place
her elsewhere due to having small children in the home.  Was not worth the risk.
She sounds like she is testing her limits, and is a dominant bitch.  THEY need
to take control, do classes with her, and keep her on lead until she learns her
place, and if she does not I would take her back and find her an experienced
adult household.

Ann Marie www.amarigsd.comHome of ChFairway's Leah v NadelwaldTC ROM OFA Ch
Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC TC OFA  Ch Amari's Elizabeth Taylor OFA (Best
in Show Bred-By winner) Amari's It's All in the Game (in-training :))and our
newest girl Amari's Katharine Hepburn