[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Help with Baytril

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx, weickelt@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:57:22 EST

In a message dated 12/26/2005 2:57:15 PM Central Standard Time,
vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Actaully I've heard varying stories on Baytril. I've had two vets tell me not
to give it just before or while trying to breed.  I've had 1 tell me ok, so
I'd love to hear comments on this too please!!
In breeding...you have your vaginal culture done...some nasty bug shows up on
the culture, so you have a sensitivity test done...if the sensitivity test
says that baytril is the drug of choice then you use it under vet supervision.
Baytril is supposed to be the drug of choice for psedumonus...in most
cases...I just had it show up in my old bitch..it was a skin infection..we
cultured
the infection...the only drug that would touch this was cipro...So you never
know.
Why would anyone use a antibotic just to use one as a prevention...first of
all you dont even know what  disease your trying to prevent and second you dont
know which drug it is sensitive too.  If you think your bitch has a problem
spend the money and have the proper test done right.
Patty Szymczak