[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Help or Suggestions Please

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:03:07 EDT

The very same thing happened to me last week. My dog was in the laundry  room
where he stuffed himself on kibble, and proceeded to get very "potty"
looking, and would not eat. He also had diarrhea. I was sure he was going to
bloat.
I called my vet, and told him what happened, and that he seemed normal  and
playful. He was also drinking a ton of water, (one sign of bloat). Vet said  to
give him simethicone, and pepto , and curtail the water. His attitude  was
normal, and that is the main clue that he was not bloating. I did not feed  him
that night, and the next night he got half. He is fine, was actually not in
danger of bloating, just a big belly from over eating. Give your dog some
simethicone and pepto,
and if he has his normal attitude, he will be OK . Syd

In a message dated 3/16/2008 10:07:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

This  morning when we left the house to take our Malinois to the All Breed
show, I  guess our GSD Jake got alittle angry with us and decided to jump up on
the  basement table and chew threw a container with Nupro in it and then
tipped and  knocked the lid off a bucket of Dog Food.  Of course the Dog Food
was
Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Fish which only the Malinois eats so this  in
not his usual diet. He ate at least a couple pounds  of food and now  is quite
"heavy looking in the tummy". Besides obviously not feeding him  anymore today
is there anything else I need to look for? He seems to to  "resting" at the
moment from his full belly. Should I be concerned about  bloating?
Thanks in advance.
Patti

Guess who will be crated  for awhile when no one is  home?

POST  is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE -  www.showgsd.org