[ SHOWGSD-L ] Help needed for sick GSD!

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:23:22 GMT

My sister sent me the following email about a friend of hers here in Florida.
I figured I'd post it in hopes someone might have some ideas as to what's wrong
with the dog.  Her friend, Sally, adopted the GSD a few months ago.  Please
answer in private.
Here's the email:
===============
Sally has a shepherd whose weight has gone from about 80 or so pounds down to
55 pounds and he is like bear, eats some and stops. He has had lots of blood
work, and ruled out pancreas and other things..also been wormed. Everything
looks normal except for elevated protein. The vet says he is baffled and now
the dog is very weak and a young dog too. She has taken him to the vet several
times. Now he is on Pred and Flagil. The vet said the next step would be UF vet
school....any idea?
End of email!!

Thanks for any help you can give her!!!

Gayle & the Hooligans!