[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Help for Old Dog (18)

  • From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 09:08:48 -0500

I would be VERY careful about giving this senior much of anything at
all..even naturals can cause harm if they are not broken down properly(some
are water soluble some fat soluble)and lets face it this fellow is VERY
elderly and likely does not have much in perfect working order. I would just
only do what makes him happy and maybe distract him with a fav treat when he
starts circling. I am betting the brushing may be hurting his sensitive skin
so maybe a soft brush would be a bit gentler on the old soul.
Rebecca Little
Peakes Brook German Shepherds
http://www.peakesbrookshepherds.com/